Motors Cruise against Maine

Vauxhall Motors 3 v 0 Maine Road

Vauxhall started their game against Maine Road still chasing second spot which they claimed after their 3-0 win.

Both sides started the game slowly with either side failing to create many chances in the opening 10 minuets, however the first chance of the game fell to Karl Noon which he struck on the volley and was deflected away off a Maine Road defender.

Motormen had another chance just moments after their first which once again come from Karl Noon winning it back and his vicious effort went just over the crossbar.

Vauxhall thought they finally found break through when Matty Carlin slotted the ball in from yards out off a corner which the referee was quick to disallow for a foul of the Goalkeeper.

Maine Road has their first dangerous chance of the game when their winger fired the ball across the 6 yard box with pace but there were no attackers to guide the ball into the back of Leigh’s goal!

Vauxhall ended the half with Kieran Hamm having a few chances with his efforts headed wide and the last big chance of the half being dragged just wide of the back post.

Finally, in the the second half the motors found the breakthrough with Tom Mitchell finishing through the goalkeepers legs after Karl Noon’s shot was saved.

Kieran Hamm was substituted for Ben Holmes as he made his first appearance since his hamstring injury!

Maine Road pushed for an equaliser but were prevented from a flying Kris Leigh who made a magnificent save to his top right corner which was put behind for a corner. The corner almost brought Maine Road some joy but this time to be prevented by Matty Carlin who courageously through himself in front of a powerful strike and left the ball to be cleared by a Vauxhall defender.

Vauxhall doubled their lead when Ben Holmes’ strike was saved and once again scored on the follow up, this time from Burkey who scored his first goal for Mick Mcgraa’s side after his impressive performance.

Vauxhall ended the game with their 3rd goal when Ben Holmes’ was involved heavily when he squared the ball across the box which surpassed Haydn Cooper but was put into their own net by a Maine defender.

Mick Mcgraa’s side won their 3rd game on the bounce after another clean sheet which significantly raises their chances of a top 4 finish!